VIRBANTEL- pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel tablet, chewable
Virbac AH, Inc
Keep this and all medication out of reach of children. To obtain product information, including a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), call 1-800-338-3659.
301796 — 03
Package contents: bottle of 50 flavored chewables
Active Ingredients (in each chewable): pyrantel pamoate (30 mg) and praziquantel (30 mg)
De-wormer for Small Dogs and Puppies Only (6.0 to 25 pounds).
Uses: For the treatment and control of:
- Roundworms (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)
- Hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, and Uncinaria stenocephala)
- Tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia pisiformis)
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children.
To obtain product information, including a Safety Data Sheet (SDS), call 1-800-338-3659.
• Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
• Do not de-worm a dog or puppy that is sick. Consult a veterinarian for diagnosis of the illness.
• Virbantel Flavored Chewables are safe for use in puppies 12 weeks or older and adult dogs. Safety in breeding dogs and pregnant bitches has not been tested.
Vomiting, loose stools (with or without blood) and decreased activity following treatment. If you notice these signs, contact a veterinarian.
Each flavored chewable contains 30 mg of pyrantel pamoate and 30 mg of praziquantel. The dose for each drug is 2.27 mg per pound of body weight (5 mg/kg). Please refer to the following dosing table for help finding the right dose for your dog.
Virbantel Flavored Chewables Dosing Table
6.0 to 12 pounds:
12.1 to 25 pounds:
More than 25 pounds:
Use 114 mg size
- You should weigh your dog to make sure you are giving the right dose.
- Virbantel Flavored Chewables are palatable if offered by hand. If your dog does not voluntarily eat the chewable, you can hide the chewable in a small amount of food or place it in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing.
- Make sure that the dog eats the complete dose.
- Watch your dog for a few minutes after dosing to make sure the chewable is not rejected.
Recommended De-Worming Schedule:
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism. De-worming schedules may vary depending on the climate where you live and the activity of your dog.
Re-treatment of your dog may be necessary as determined by laboratory fecal examination and/or if your dog is living where re-infections are likely to occur. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis and prevention of re-infection. In case of re-infection with tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum) , consult your veterinarian for advice on how to remove fleas from the dog and the environment.
Virbac AH, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX 76137
Store at controlled room temperature of 59-86˚F (15-30˚C).
To report a suspected adverse reaction, call 1-800-338-3659.
02/19 301798 — 03
Approved by FDA under NADA # 141-261
©2019 Virbac Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.
VIRBANTEL is a registered
trademark of Virbac S.A.
| VIRBANTEL |
pyrantel pamoate/praziquantel tablet, chewable
|Labeler — Virbac AH, Inc (131568396)|
|Registrant — Virbac AH, Inc (131568396)|
|Cosma S.p.A||428655732||api manufacture|
|Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging||143213275||pack|
|Eurofins S-F Analytical Laboratories, Inc.||943863030||analysis|
|Eurofins SF Analytical LLC||081266581||analysis|
|SEQUENT RESEARCH LIMITED||676159446||analysis|
|Megafine Pharma||925627080||api manufacture|
|Alivira Animal Health Limited||650916617||api manufacture|
Revised: 07/2021 Virbac AH, Inc
VetLabel.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VetLabel.com. Every individual animal healthcare product label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.