REVALOR-S- trenbolone acetate and estradiol implant
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Fed In Confinement
Revalor® -S (trenbolone acetate and estradiol) is an implant containing 120 mg of trenbolone acetate and 24 mg estradiol. Each implant consists of 6 small yellow pellets. Ten implants are provided in a cartridge.
Manufactured by a non-sterilizing process.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Increases rate of weight gain and improves feed efficiency in a slow-release delivery system.
Do not use in veal calves. Effectiveness and animal safety in veal calves have not been established.
Studies have demonstrated that the administration of Revalor®-S can result in decreased marbling scores when compared to non-implanted steers.
One implant containing 120 mg trenbolone acetate and 24 mg estradiol is administered to each animal. The 6 pellets which make up the dosage of Revalor® -S are contained in one division of the multiple dose cartridge. Ten doses are in each cartridge. The cartridge is designed to be used with a special implant gun.
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
The implant is placed under the skin on the posterior aspect of the ear by means of a special implanter available from Intervet Inc.
With the animal suitably restrained, the skin on the outer surface of the ear should be cleaned. The implant is then administered by the method shown in the diagram below.
SITE OF IMPLANTATION
After appropriately restraining the animal to allow access to the ear, cleanse the skin at the implant needle puncture site. It is subcutaneous between the skin and cartilage on the back side of the ear and below the midline of the ear. The implant must not be placed closer to the head than the edge of the cartilage ring farthest from the head. The location of insertion of the needle is a point toward the tip of the ear and at least a needle length away from the intended deposition site. Care should be taken to avoid injuring the major blood vessels or cartilage of the ear.
- Do not remove the cap of the cartridge containing the implants.
- Place the cartridge (D) with the capped end to the front into slot at the top of the implanter magazine marked (A) on the diagram.
- Gently push the cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place.
- The implanter is then ready for use.
- Take the ear of the animal firmly with the free hand in the manner shown in Fig. 1. Then insert the needle into the subcutaneous tissue at the point indicated in Fig. 2.
- After inserting the needle to its full extent, squeeze the trigger (E) gradually. Allow the pellets of the implant to be deposited in a single row.
- Withdraw the implanter. This will advance the cartridge one groove in the magazine and the next implant is now ready for use.
- When all the implants have been administered, the cartridge will discharge out the bottom of the magazine and may be replaced by a new one.
- To change the needle, loosen the needle locking nut labeled (F) in Fig. 3 and replace the needle. Tighten the nut finger tight and the implanter is ready for use.
Not to be used in animals intended for subsequent breeding, or in dairy animals. For Animal Treatment Only. Not for Use in Humans. Implant pellets in the ear only. Any other location is in violation of Federal Law. Do not attempt salvage of implanted site for human or animal food.
A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
Store unopened product at or below 25°C (77°F). Avoid excessive heat and humidity. Use product before the expiration date printed on the label and on the cartridge pouch. Opened cartridges may be stored in the foil pouch protected from light in the refrigerator (2-8°C/36-47°F) for up to 6 months.
Box of 10 × 10 cartridge implants.
Made in Austria by:
Intervet Inc (d/b/a Merck Animal Health)
Madison, NJ 07940
Restricted Drug (California) — Use only as Directed
NADA # 140-897, Approved by FDA
Revalor is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc. or an afﬁliate.
(trenbolone acetate and estradiol)
Fed In Confinement
Box of 10 x 10 Cartridge Implants
Manufactured by a non-sterilizing process
Restricted Drug (California) — use only as directed.
| REVALOR-S |
trenbolone acetate and estradiol implant
|Labeler — Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. (001317601)|
Revised: 06/2022 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
VetLabel.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VetLabel.com. Every individual animal healthcare product label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.