NOROMECTIN POUR-ON FOR CATTLE — ivermectin
Norbrook Laboratories Limited
Contains 5 mg ivermectin/mL
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution) delivers internal and external parasite control in one convenient low-volume application. Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution) contains ivermectin, a unique chemical entity.
Ivermectin is a member of the macrocylic lactone class of endectocides which have a unique mode of action. Compounds of the class bind selectively and with high affinity to glutamate-gated chloride ion channels which occur in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells.
This leads to an increase in the permeability of the cell membrane to chloride ions with hyperpolarization of the nerve or muscle cell, resulting in paralysis and death of the parasite. Compounds of this class may also interact with other ligand -gated chloride channels, such as those gated by the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
The margin of safety for compounds of this class is attributable to the fact that mammals do not have glutamate-gated chloride channels, the macrocylic lactones have a low affinity for other mammalian ligand-gated chloride channels and they do not readily cross the blood-brain barrier.
Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution) applied at the recommended dose level of 500 mcg/kg is indicated for the effective control of these parasites.
|Ostertagia ostertagi||(adults and L4)|
|(including inhibited stage)|
|Haemonchus placei||(adults and L4)|
|Trichostrongylus axei||(adults and L4)|
|T. colubriformis||(adults and L4)|
|Cooperia oncophora||(adults and L4)|
|Cooperia punctata||(adults and L4)|
|Cooperia surnabada||(adults and L4)|
|Oesophagostomum radiatum||(adults and L4)|
|Dictyocaulus viviparus||(adults and L4)|
|H. lineatum||(parasitic stages)|
Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution) has been proved to effectively control infections and to protect cattle from re-infection with: Oesophagostomum radiatum and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 28 days after treatment; Cooperia punctata and Trichostrongylus axei for 21 days after treatment; Ostertagia ostertagi, Haemonchus placei, Cooperia oncophora and Cooperia surnabada for 14 days after treatment; Damalinia bovis for 56 days after treatment.
Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution) controls horn flies (Haematobia irritans) for up to 28 days after dosing. For best results Noromectin Pour-On should be part of a parasite control program for both internal and external parasites based on the epidemiology of these parasites. Consult your veterinarian or an entomologist for the most effective timing of applications.
The dose rate is 1 mL for each 22 lb of body weight. The formulation should be applied along the topline in a narrow strip extending from the withers to the tailhead.
Do not underdose. Ensure each animal receives a complete dose based on a current body weight. Underdosing may result in ineffective treatment, and encourage the development of parasite resistance.
Metering Cup with Measure-Squeeze-Pour System (1 Liter (33.8 fl oz) Container with 25 mL Metering Cup)
This pack contains 1 Metering Cup and 1 dip tube
- Insert the dip tube into base of the Metering Cup. Leave the “slotted end” of the dip tube exposed in the bottom of the container.
- Unscrew shipping cap from container top.
- Screw the Metering Cup onto container top
- Measure: To select the correct dose rate, rotate the adjuster cap (top) in either direction to position the dose indicator to the weight of the animal you want to treat. When body weight is between markings, use the higher setting.
- Squeeze the container gently to fill the Metering Cup to the required dose. Release your grip and any excess will return to the container.
- Pour: Apply the full dose by tipping and pouring along the backline of the animal until the Metering Cup is empty.
- Storage: The Metering Cup should not remain attached to the container when not in use. Detach the Metering Cup after each use and replace the shipping cap to close the container top.
Connect the applicator gun to the collapsible pack as follows:
- Attach the open end of the draw-off tubing to the dosing equipment. (Because of the solvents used in the formulation, only the Simcro Tech gun, or equivalent, is recommended. Other applicators may exhibit compatibility problems resulting in locking, incorrect dosage or leakage.)
- Replace the shipping cap with the draw-off cap and tighten down. Attach draw-off tubing to the draw-off cap. • Gently prime the applicator gun, checking for leaks.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for adjusting the dose
- When the interval between uses of the applicator gun is expected to exceed 12 hours, disconnect the gun and draw-off tubing from the product container and empty the product from the gun and tubing back into the product container. To prevent removal of special lubricants from the Simcro Tech gun, the gun and tubing must not be washed.
Use dosing equipment (applicator, draw-off tubing, cap with stem) compatible with Noromectin Pour-On (ivermectin topical solution). Other dosing equipment may be incompatible, resulting in locking, incorrect dosage and leakage. Follow the dosing equipment manufacturer’s directions for adjusting the dose and proper use and maintenance of the dosing equipment. Connect the dosing applicator and the draw-off tubing to the container as follows:
- Attach the open end of the draw-off tubing to an appropriate dosing applicator. Attach draw-off tubing to the cap with the stem. Replace the shipping cap with the cap having the draw-off tubing. Gently prime the dosing applicator, checking for leaks.
- When the interval between uses of the applicator gun is expected to exceed 12 hours, disconnect the gun, draw-off tubing and cap with stem from the product container, empty the product from the gun and tubing back into the product container and replace the shipping cap.
|220 lb (100 kg)||10 mL|
|330 lb (150 kg)||15 mL|
|440 lb (200 kg)||20 mL|
|550 lb (250 kg)||25 mL|
|660 lb (300 kg)||30 mL|
|770 lb (350 kg)||35 mL|
|880 lb (400 kg)||40 mL|
|990 lb (450 kg)||45 mL|
|1100 lb (500 kg)||50 mL|
VetLabel.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VetLabel.com. Every individual animal healthcare product label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.