MILKHOUSE BRAND FORTREX 1% IODINE TEAT DIP- iodine liquid
Stearns Packaging Corporation
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
TEAT DIPPING is an important part of a MASTITIS CONTROL PLAN:
1. Dip teats immediately after milking.
2. Use good milking and environmental
3. Use properly functioning milking equipment.
4. Treat every quarter of every cow at dry off.
5. Identify and treat or manage clinical cases promptly.
6. Cull chronically infected cows.
GREAT FOR FOAMING
TEAT DIPPING IN COLD WEATHER:
When the temperature falls below 10 degrees F, or when wind chill is significant,
special precautions should be taken to avoid chapped and frozen teats.
1. Teats should be dry before turning cows out into cold weather.
2. When teats are dipped after milking, allow 30 seconds contact, and
blot off any excess teat dip with a single service towel.
3. Warm the teat dip to reduce drying time.
4. Provide windbreaks in outside areas for cows.
5. Monitor fresh cows with swollen udders and teats since they are
more susceptible to chapped and frozen teats.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- DO NOT DILUTE.
- Dip teats immediately after milking as a routine part of milking procedures.
- Dip to THOROUGHLY COVER at least the lower one-third of the teat
(preferably to the base of the udder), IMMEDIATELY after every milking.
- Empty and clean dip cups after each milking, or during milking,
if they become contaminated.
- Do not pour use dip back into original container.
- KEEP FROM FREEZING
- Keep container closed to prevent contamination.
- Store container in an upright position.
EYES: If contact with eyes occurs, flush with plenty of cool water for
15 minutes. Consult a physician.
INTERNAL: May be harmful if swallowed. If ingested, drink large
amounts of water. DO NOT induce vomiting. Get medical attention
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT
1% Iodine Teat Dip
An Aid in Reducing the Spread of
Organisms Which May Cause Mastitis
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Concentrated iodophor,
provides 1% titratable iodine, equivalent to 10,000 ppm titratable iodine.
Emollient system: Contains 10% glycerin.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
See side panel for precautionary and First-Aid Statements.
NET CONTENTS: 1 U.S. FL. GALLON (3.78 LITERS)
STEARNS PACKAGING CORPORATION
4200 Sycamore Ave. (53714), PO Box 3216, Madison, WI 53704(800) 655-5008
|MILKHOUSE BRAND FORTREX 1% IODINE TEAT DIP iodine liquid|
|Labeler — Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Registrant — Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Stearns Packaging Corporation||006069256||manufacture, api manufacture|
Revised: 10/2021 Stearns Packaging Corporation
VetLabel.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VetLabel.com. Every individual animal healthcare product label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.