DEFEND- iodine solution
Brown Dairy Equipment
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: 1% titratable Iodine
Contains 10% Emollients
Premium Sanitizing Teat Dip
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIRECTIONS FOR PRE-DIPPING
1. Remove excessive organic soils from teats prior to the application of the teat dip solution.
2. Forestrip milk from each quarter for mastitis detection and to initiate milk “let down”. (This procedure may be implemented after application of pre-dip as outlined in Step 3.)
3. Apply DEFEND! with either a dip cup or a sprayer completely covering the entire teat with the teat dip solution. Allow for 15-45 seconds contact time.
4. Wipe each teat with a single service towel removing all dip and soil from teat surface.
5. Attach milking unit.
DIRECTIONS FOR POST DIPPING
1. After removal of milking unit, apply DEFEND! with either a dip cup or sprayer competely covering the entire teat with the teat dip solution.
Do not dulute teat dip — Use at full strength.
If teat dip becomes cloudy or dirty, discard and replace with fresh dip.
Do not return contaiminated dip to original container.
If frozen, thaw completely and mix well before using.
CAN CAUSE EYE DAMAGE
Protect eyes when handling. Do NOT get in eyes or on clothing.
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contamination of food.
Eyes: In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Call a physician.
Internal: If swallowed, promptly rinse mouth then give a large quantity of milk or water. Avoid Alcohol. Contact a physician immediately. Never give anything my mouth to an unconscious person.
FOR ASSISTANCE WITH MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL: 1-800-367-5178.
REFER TO MATERIAL SAFETY MANUAL.
OBSERVE LABEL DIRECTIONS
DISTRIBUTED BY: BROWN DAIRY EQUIPMENT Co, Inc.
2153 N. Van Dyke Hwy., Bad Axe, Michigan 48413 (800) 373-2153
NET CONTENTS: U.S. GALLONS
| DEFEND |
|Labeler — Brown Dairy Equipment (017030149)|
|Dairy Dynamics L.L.C.||142010953||api manufacture, manufacture, pack, label|
Revised: 11/2021 Brown Dairy Equipment
VetLabel.com provides trustworthy package insert and label information about marketed drugs as submitted by manufacturers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Package information is not reviewed or updated separately by VetLabel.com. Every individual animal healthcare product label entry contains a unique identifier which can be used to secure further details directly from the U.S. National Institutes of Health and/or the FDA.